CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Okay, Who pooped the floor?

Fun night on Planet Doiron tonight.  After the boys ate dinner, I gave each one a cupcake.  Since Dylan's birthday party, I have been obsessed with making beautiful cupcakes.  His birthday cupcakes were an ugly disaster, despite my overly ambitious ideas and expectations.  I digress...  So, Dylan and Owen are munching on their cupcakes and loving life while I clean up dinner.  Owen had created the MESS or all MESSES with his cupcake so into the sink he went for a minibath.  I dried him off and put him down naked.  I figured he would be fine running around naked while I cleaned the cupcake off his high chair.  It could not have been two minutes when Owen fell on the hardwood floor of the kitchen.  He got up and fell again.  I looked around the island to investigate why he was falling and if he was okay.  "Holy, smell and crap".  I could not believe that my beautiful baby boy was slipping and crawling around in his own poop.  How the heck did he poop so fast?  Thomas says it is a guy thing.  Back into the sink he went, as I gagged on the smell and idea of it all.  Thomas threw the dog out as she would have probably eaten the poop.  Owen now fresh and clean, I observed the cleaning process being conducting by my husband.  Poor guy was scrubbing with floor cleaner and using toothpicks to clear out the cracks between the wood boards.  No one ever fully prepares you for parenthood. 

P.S My floors are now clean, and I have learned my lesson.  :)


On a side note, here are my beautiful cupcakes. 

                        Double Chocolate cupcake with pistachio buttercream icing (totally homemade- go me!)


                             Same cupcake, but crumbled pistachios on the top instead of chocolate

1 comment:

  1. Gina, you may want to place the photo's at the top of your blog or tell everyone to scroll down first before reading : ) Poop and cupcakes, yuck.
    Thank goodness I never had those problems.

    ReplyDelete